Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Lifes teachings

Wow its been a while!
How y'all doing!
......ok.....moving on swiftly.
A few weekends ago i had a weekend to remember, one that had highs and lows...deep lows i mean from the Himalayas to the Deepest of trenches, the Mariana trench but you know what, life goes on....lesson learned.
I remember when i was a kid i thought to myself that i must be an adopted kid. When you are a kid you kinda think everyones against you if they for some reason refuse to give in to all your demands as crazy as a pizza in the middle of the night(i wasnt that spoilt!). But for me, i thought THEN that i had a good reason even though the obvious facial similarities didnt appear as obvious to me then as they are now! The very good reason was ofcourse, everyone was just much brighter(in ma family) considering they were older than me. I never failed to get an intelligent answer from my Dad, or Mom or my brother whos older than me by two years......
Sadly enough, people above the legal driving age limit still have lower reasoning capabilities than the ones i had then! How do you drive around with full beam lights? How do you walk into a meeting or a church with your ringtones on the maximum possible volume?! I fail to understand how having had a phone for over seven years now, for some, and not be familiar with the off button or at the very very least, know how to put the damn little thing on vibrate only!

Considering my lack of access to a TV following my leap into living independence, i have been for a long time on the leeward side of the flow of information but i heard a suggestion through some media people calling for the perpetrators of the Post Election Violence to be forgiven! This is one of them point where i sigh shrug my shoulders and mutter, "Common sense really aint that common"! Simply put, the law must be followed, since without law the country will just disintegrate into the total mayhem it was at the begining of the year! Furthermore if these guys are forgiven, it will set precedence and thus the next drunk gun trotting trigger happy idiot who decides to go for target practise in a Nairobi crowd will plead for forgiveness since anyway you forgave the other guys didnt you!? Its like when a kid beats up another kid in school and you say its ok, he apologized...., the kid will obviously take advantage since thers a feeling of immunity, my advice spank the kid till the skin is raw and make sure the word goes round cause that way no other kid will think of fighting, lesson learnt!
Lemmi give you a scenario, 5 kids in the kitchen with the sugr bowl left open and alot of sugar on the floor. "You ask who ate and spilt the sugar?" One of the kids reply almost before you finish intonating your sentence to signify its a question, "It wasnt me!"
Who do you think did it!?
Obviously the kid who spoke up, you should check his/her fingers first!
Now why would the "Honourable Minister of Agriculture Mr. William Ruto start yapping as soon as the Waki report was handed over in secret.......told you common sense aint that common!

A.O.B
Depending on your relationship with your parents, they sometimes your bestest of friends and sometimes your worst of enemies who you just wholy depend on. Well for me i really didnt like to be told when to read, when to eat or generally to take a shower and disturb the fragile ecosystem that was developing on my body, well that was quite a while back. Long story short, they proved and continued to prove to be the best parents i could ever dream of, how lucky can i surely be!?

Jokes of the Day
You know the way Matatu touts at the railways terminus shout, 70 bob rongai 70 bob rongai...i wonder how their counterparts in Zimbabwe say......"A mili, a milli a milli..."

Proof that fish rili does help the brain and that our country men from the lake side have a rili high IQ? Simple! They are the ones that came up with the idea of an elevator in Kenya.....Otis.
:-)
Lovely day!

5 comments:

S said...

lol...I like that a milli a milli joke! Heard it on capital fm once, and it totally made my day!

Maua said...

Welcome back. Good lessons there.

The Ma3 joke cracked me, considering I worked as an ikanga on one of my long holidays from UK. But I never really did the shouting, couldn't even come close to saying it, 'industrial area, 'industrial area, enterprise road, stadium'. But maybe, 'Eastleigh number tisa, Eastleigh number tisa kariokor pumwani maternity garage st teresa'.

Unknown said...

you have a way with your words...impressiveand the a milli thing...lol!!

joyunspeakable2011 said...

life...kids say the darnest things...

Ruto is so bitter...is it a case of sensing some freedom is soon going to be over?

Ngare said...

@ nzembi
its just too funny that joke, i laughed through an Artificial intelligence class when my pal told me....
Welcome to Ngares World.

@maua
You were an ikanga?! lol id have loved to see you in action especially if you were here before the infamous, maybe famous, Michuki rules!

@ esther
Aaaaawwww, blush blush. Start a blog and see actually how easy and stress relieving it is.
Welcome to Ngares World!

@joyunspeakable
Kids im telling you! I wonder what funny comments ill have to stomach once i get my own kids.....maua any insight?
And this Ruto chap.....these guys(politicians) rili jazz me. If we are as good as the leaders we elect we must be a rili lousy collection of individuals, dont you think?